Tuesday, November 10, 2015

11\10\15




God places within all fallen mankind one urgent question from which all others stem.

"Who am I?"

In our world today, as we have grown farther and farther from the knowledge of who we really are, we see this question literally tearing people apart. As the world spirals ever downward, in an irreversible plummet started when Adam took one bite of the forbidden fruit, our knowledge of God becomes more and more twisted.

 This is due in part to faulty philosophies spread by evil men who wished to do away with God in hopes of doing away with the question of their own souls. But also, I believe, it is because our hearts, while ever retaining the seed of knowledge God has placed in our image-bearing souls (Romans 1:18-26) are yet corrupted farther and farther, like our human bodies. 

Thousands of years of genetic mutations, caused by the curse of sin, have broken down our physical bodies slowly but surely. I would say that, without the quickening of the Spirit, our spiritual beings are being thrust down the same sure path. The only way this can be contended is by the influence of the Great Physician. And how does He work?

 Through the Spirit in His Children living out His Word. Our lives can touch the world and stay the progression of the disease temporarily- but only if we are faithful and living worthy of our calling(Matt. 5:13-16)

(some thoughts I wrote during a paper for a class, but which ultimately had nothing to do with the question I was answering, therefore I'll share them for my post tonight. They are just that, thoughts I've been thinking that I still need to think more about... if you have a difference of opinion on this or thought you'd like to add, I'd love to hear from you.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for adding your thoughts- please keep them clean and respectful and if possible uplifting. If you have a difference in belief or opinion you'd like to discuss, I'd be happy to, but again, I request you refrain from bad language or similar offensive messages. Thank you.