Thursday, September 17, 2015

//He commandeth even the winds and water, and they obey Him//


'For He commandeth, and raiseth the stormy wind, which lifteth up the waves thereof... He maketh the storm a calm, so that the waves therof are still.'
Psalm 107:25,29

Winslow Homer


'Thou rulest the raging of the sea: when the waves thereof arise, thou stillest them,'
Psalm 89:9

Winslow Homer


'Which stilleth the noise of the seas, the noise of their waves...
and the tumult of the people.'

Psalm 65:7, emphasis added

God is in control of the universe. The oceans, unfathomable to us, are held or release by His voice, 
their ebb and flow weak compared to His Breath of Life.

We need not fear what men can do to us.

God is more vast, more deep, then the ocean itself. 
We can't even imagine or begin to comprehend.
I wish I could... Instead I will contemplate the sea.

It's wideness(not as wide as His mercy), it's depth(nowhere near as deep as His love) and it's terrible power(nothing compared to Him).

It can wash away a life in a heartbeat.

He can wash clean a life in an instant.

Now that I'm thinking about the ocean I realize I could go until the water meets the horizon 
seeing ways God reveals Himself in this one section of His creation.

I think He must like symbolism, myself.

He put it into every bit of His work. It is for us to look for it. And to see it in all it's beauty. 

And of course. to show it to others. in our own work, picturing His work and Himself. His children, his workmanship- also revealing Him, alongside all creation. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for adding your thoughts- please keep them clean and respectful and if possible uplifting. If you have a difference in belief or opinion you'd like to discuss, I'd be happy to, but again, I request you refrain from bad language or similar offensive messages. Thank you.