Tuesday, February 16, 2016

//what do i know?//


via pinterest



I start to write of things I've never known. But then I remember-
"write what you know."

what do I know?

I know of lonely nights, reproving your mind and trying to pray
sleep coming, like a reprieve,
like a 'take 5' from your feelings.

i know of being happy over something silly
and sad over something sillier.

i know of hating and loving yourself and
the world, wanting to fix both
and not being able to
do either.

But all I need to know, and want to know better,
is that God is bigger than anything I know. He is more than those things,
the answer to them all.

This
I know

from my 'diary', Feb. 1 2016

(how often do you think I should post? do I post too often? I mean, I personally devour other peoples posts as fast as they can write them, but for someone new to my blog there are kind of a lot of posts to go through. thoughts? thanks. )

6 comments:

  1. Keep them coming, I thoroughly enjoy them

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you! I love writing them that's the thing haha!

      Delete
  2. Magnificent. <3

    [ I think you should post as often as you like, you have darling content. {I love often-posting blogs too}. :) ]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh :3 thank you so much! {and especially when they are ones you love anyways!!}

      Delete
  3. I've come up against the "write what you know" and rebelled against it. It starts to become a "write what you've physically/definitely experienced" - which I disagree with, because the whole point of writing is to go places you'd never go otherwise, to do things you've always wanted to do but know you probably never will. So I tend to change it to "write what you wonder about, what you dream of, what you are passionate about, what you have known and loved in your heart even if you have never seen it or heard it."

    Of course when talking about actual places and particular experiences, this falls apart a bit . . . my point is that just because you've never been in love doesn't mean you can't write about it. You'll be able to write about it in a deeper, more personal way if you have of course, but to my mind we fall in love all the time anyway, with moments and people and things and with God in all His epressions of Himself.

    I suppose it comes down to "write what you really, truly, deeply want to write". because that be will purely and entirely yours, part of you and your own self, and so there will not be any question of not knowing it.

    Just my ha'penny worth of thoughts :)

    -Beth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I agree completely! I actually have another piece related to that that I thought about pairing with this one, but I don't know what I did with the notebook it's in! I think the most important thing, as with everything, is to balance. Write out what you do know- but also fly with what you don't!! Sometimes the way you come to know something is through writing about it! Thank you for your thoughts, I love when people have something long to say :)

      Delete

Thank you for adding your thoughts- please keep them clean and respectful and if possible uplifting. If you have a difference in belief or opinion you'd like to discuss, I'd be happy to, but again, I request you refrain from bad language or similar offensive messages. Thank you.