Tuesday, May 31, 2016

// fashion files: button down and denim //



So I thought today I'd do a fashion post!! I've gone through a long process of figuring out exactly what I want my style to be, but I think I've finally figured out a general base that is classic and hip all at once. Time will tell if I stick with it, but at the moment I think I'm probably at a point/age where my style shouldn't change too much more. Hopefully.

I like to look hipster- but not too coffee shop hanging, mega-bearded boyfriend hipster. (I hate those beards).

I want to look aesthetic- but not totally 'I just spent all my money at a thrift shop buying 90s clothes and am now trying too hard while reading a book about Van Gogh. Or at least taking a picture of it.' 

I want to look vaguely bohemian - but not like a hippy or gypsy or something.

Basically I've sifted down through this variety of related but different looks to find a starting point that I think general consensus would deem timeless- the French girl. (Told you- I'm becoming a Francophile!  Their style, and music...).

 They are artistic, and the original hipsters, all while managing to remain classic.

I look to classic icons from the 60s and 70s- such as Francoise Hardy, Jane Birkin(selectively) etc. for inspiration, as well as modern ones like Jeanne Damas and others. 

Granted I'm neither tall nor particularly thin- but who cares.
Todays' look is very basic- white button-down and denim.
A staple of any wardrobe should probably be a good white button down. Mine isn't ideal, but it works for now. 

 
And an A-line button-up denim skirt, fresh from Old Navy. I'm quite happy with it, it fits well, was on sale and is long enough for general wear.

And, of course, the bangs. I cut them myself so they can be a little messy, but isn't that the point of french bangs?


I'd like to do more posts like this, going forward. Sort of a fashion files ongoing series, with posts on both my outfits and on different inspirations, as well as some makeup stuff.  If anyone who already has tackled any fashion blogging has tips for me- PLEASE, I'd love to hear them.
Thankfully my sister is a great photographer. It really helps. 

8 comments:

  1. SUPER PRETTY, sweet post!! *sparkles*

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVED this post! Please do post more!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw you are so beautiful, and I think it's cool that you're doing outfit posts now! I love it! I feel like I'm still figuring out my personal style, but actually Pinterest has helped a lot with that (admittedly kind of unimportant) "goal". haha :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you so much! Right though? It is unimportant in the grand scheme of things.. but it does help you feel more yourself and I find I tend to be more creative when I'm dressed in either something I love or hideous shorts and huge tees 😂

      Delete

Thank you for adding your thoughts- please keep them clean and respectful and if possible uplifting. If you have a difference in belief or opinion you'd like to discuss, I'd be happy to, but again, I request you refrain from bad language or similar offensive messages. Thank you.