Saturday, September 12, 2015

//pro-life//

Steady heartbeat
Perfect little thumb
peaceful face.

Silver instrument
Silent scream
Whirl of blackness
Dull red nothingness.

"It's all right ma'am
all taken care of."

Really?

"Just a clump of tissue, 
it's gone now."

Really?

Because I thought
 tissues were for drying tears
and wiping runny little noses
not smiling and moving and being alive.

"NOT ALIVE."

Oh really? Really Doctor?
I think you're wrong this time.

"You can go back to normal,
don't worry."

Normal? I'm glad this is
normal for you, because
for the Life you just took,
I somehow don't think
it was.
----------------------------------------------------

"I will praise Thee for I am fearfully and wonderfully made..."

"Before I formed you in your mothers womb, I knew you..."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for adding your thoughts- please keep them clean and respectful and if possible uplifting. If you have a difference in belief or opinion you'd like to discuss, I'd be happy to, but again, I request you refrain from bad language or similar offensive messages. Thank you.