Thursday, February 11, 2016

// valentine playlist //


I'm just going to scratch the project this week, because I don't have a project worth sharing. Everyone knows how to make Valentines, I'd say. So I'm going to do the playlist today, song+ story tomorrow, and the Bible post on Sat. That works for me, since it's hard to get around to posting on Sun. anyways. Sorry about not having a project to post!(Keep going past the huge graphic to get to links and a ramble by yours truly)


Ok so I haven't talked about it much on this blog, but music is a major part of my life. I love to sing, along with my sister. I (occasionally if you're talking seriously playing) play piano, organ, pennywhistle, I can attempt three chords on the guitar and I'm hoping to soon get a ukulele. I'm not someone who'd say 'music is my life' because I don't necessarily look at it that way, anymore than art or writing are 'my life' in totality. And yet, it is a constant, something that's been part of me for forever, and something that always will be. Also, I'm not one who can actually always be listening to music. I don't like to have it going unless I can give it the mental attention it deserves. It feels somehow disrespectful to the music and musicians to be talking over or ignoring it. But when I want my music- I want it. Alright enough of my musical rambling.... It's not something I can really express or write about. My inner relationship with music as a whole is not even something I fully understand myself. It's a cause of inner turmoil tbh. Ok Ok enOUGH.

 Without further ado, here are some of my favorite love songs, for your listening pleasure!

Enjoy.





Notte Stellata (The Swan) - Il Volo (I've mentioned my love for 'The Swan' & this vocal version is ðŸ‘Œ




A Thousand Years- Christina Perri (disclaimer: I have not (and never will) watched or read Twilight. It's just a great song.)


Serenade by Schubert- this is me a few years ago actually and you probably could find a more well executed version if you search it. 

Tchaikovsky: Piano Concerto No. 1 in B-flat minor, Op. 23 (1948)  on this one, don't feel like you need to listen to the whole thing, although it's beautiful. The first movement, until 3:15 is just utterly necessary. 



So, how do you like them? My music taste is probably a little odd(the girl I babysit describes it as-

 'Old people music! You're not allowed to listen to ANnnnYTHING unless it's in a different lannnngu-age!' 

Which just isn't true. Right?

I want to hear some songs that YOU like! Comment! Tell me how you feel about these!

5 comments:

  1. Fun list!! <3
    (like your new design btw)

    Ava | http://landofquiet.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun list!! <3
    (like your new design btw)

    Ava | http://landofquiet.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I actually haven't changed my design haha, but I'm glad you like it!! <3

      Delete
  3. Happiness! I'll have to listen to some of these songs over the weekend. This reminds me...I should make a valentine's day playlist!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you enjoy them! I realized afterward that this is kind of a really long list. Oh I'd love to see one!!

      Delete

Thank you for adding your thoughts- please keep them clean and respectful and if possible uplifting. If you have a difference in belief or opinion you'd like to discuss, I'd be happy to, but again, I request you refrain from bad language or similar offensive messages. Thank you.